- Factories included in our audit program are required to undergo regularly scheduled audits.
- In Fiscal 2023, we accepted more than 2,900 audits, which were either conducted directly by TJX’s third-party auditors or were accepted from recognized sources.1
- We offer training sessions on a regular basis to educate buying agents, vendors, and factory management within our factory audit program on our expectations with regard to social compliance and to reiterate our seriousness of purpose.
- TJX Associates involved in the development and buying of merchandise are expected to undergo formal social compliance training biennially.
- We believe that engaging with various audiences and a variety of industry associations and considering their guidance helps us as we strive to continually improve our program.
We expect that our vendors and business partners operate with the same high standards of integrity to which we hold ourselves. In addition to the program components outlined above, we provide a grievance mechanism, the TJX Helpline,
to complement our Global Social Compliance Program. The TJX Helpline is available to a variety of stakeholders, including our Associates, merchandise vendors, factory workers in our supply chain, and other contractors, to report
suspected violations of our policies and standards through an online submission or via a dedicated phone line. The Helpline is available 24/7 and suspected violations and concerns can be reported anonymously. We publish information
about the Helpline in a variety of places, including the Vendor Code of Conduct, which is available on TJX.com and our vendor website, and our TJX Global Code of Conduct for Associates.
We aim for continuous improvement, as we believe this is in the interest of the workers in the facilities that we audit. We expect our merchandise vendors and buying agents to adhere to the expectations set forth in our Vendor Code
of Conduct, and we also encourage them to make improvements throughout their operations. To advance these objectives, we do more than test compliance; we also provide education and training to our buying agents, vendors, and factory
management within our factory auditing program, so that they understand our expectations and can develop meaningful processes.